PO Box 875, Ashtabula, OH 44005-
In 1941, Dusty Boots Riding Club, as a social organization, was formed to create
interest in riding, training, and care of horses. In 1944, the club held their first
horse show at the county fairgrounds. Always showing a good profit due to the work
and sacrifice of it's members and co-
In 1948, Dusty Boots was incorporated as a non-
In the years to follow, monies from the annual shows brought many improvements to the grounds. Announcer's stand, food stand, calf roping pens, practice ring, and electrical wiring were added in the early years. The show ring over the years, went from woven wire, to snow fence, to board fence, and finally split rail fence. Later improvements included updated lighting and modern restrooms.
In 1980, with membership declining in recent years, the idea of promoting interest and participation in the local horse shows was brought to the attention of the Dusty Boots membership. It was decided to start a local open circuit and give end of the season awards to top point accumulators at the approved shows, as the breed associations do. The Northeastern Ohio Horseman's Association was organized, rules established, and shows with approved classes sanctioned. The first year end banquet brought to a close a successful season.
Since it's formation, the NEOHA rules have been refined and classes modified to suit
the interest of the membership. The association has stimulated interest not only
in Ashtabula County, but also in surrounding counties of Ohio and Pennsylvania. The
limited space at the Garrison Road showgrounds became a problem as the horse shows
grew larger and larger. Most of the shows are now held at the Ashtabula County Fairgrounds.
In the mid-
For more information, email us.